- On site subsidised car park
- Supportive leadership and team culture
- State of the art suite
Located on the edge of Adelaide's CBD adjacent to the beautiful South Eastern Park Lands, St Andrew's is the largest independent private Hospital in Australia, with more than 30,000 procedures being performed each year. Our patients are admitted electively or via our Emergency Service, and we have the state's most comprehensive cancer care facility with all services located on one site. Building on our successful base, in 2018 we completed a $50 million upgrade and expansion of our clinical facilities with more improvements planned for 2020 and beyond.
St Andrew's provides a comprehensive suite of cancer services, offering patients the medical expertise and support services expected from a centre of excellence. The Chemotherapy Suite, located in the St Andrew's Medical Centre, consists of 19 purpose built treatment areas in a contemporary, light filled state-of-the-art facility allowing us to be South Australia’s most comprehensive and complete provider of private oncology services in Adelaide. Our network of surgical, radiotherapy and medical facilities and on site access to pathology and pharmacy services promotes a seamless and high standard care to our chemotherapy patients
About The Role:
We are seeking applications from experienced Registered Nurses to work in our Day Chemotherapy Suite which specialised in care for patients with oncology, haematology, palliative care, plastic or breast surgery needs. Our Registered Nurses are responsible for providing exceptional, person-centred care to our patients and their families, in line with applicable health care standards.
You will join a highly motivated team that is passionate about creating a positive environment for staff as well as ensuring the best possible outcomes for patients.
Positions are available on a part-time basis with shifts rostered across a 10 day roster. Ideally this position will be 60 hours a fortnight but hours will be negotiated with the successful candidate individually.
Our ideal candidate will have relevant and recent experience as a RN in an acute care setting, preferably in chemotherapy or oncology.
In addition to your recent and extensive experience, you will need to demonstrate:
- a commitment to delivering best practice patient care
- well-developed organisation and prioritisation skills
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- commitment to your continued professional development
- an interest in mentoring and educating our up-and-coming nursing students and graduates
- the ability to maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- significant experience in a similar fast-paced environment
- current registration with AHPRA and the ability to legally live and work in Australia.
Competencies in EviQ ADAC Modules, PICC, PORT and IV Cannulation skills are highly desirable as are any relevant post-graduate qualifications in oncology or haematology nursing.
Benefits and Culture:
At St Andrew’s we believe that relationships matter, and our people are the key to our success. Our committed leadership team, and open and inclusive culture, is reflected in our significant levels of staff tenure and high job satisfaction.
With a commitment to medical and surgical excellence, we encourage our front-line staff to identify opportunities for improvement and contribute to decisions, to ensure we are able to provide the best care to our patients.
In addition to our positive culture, staff at St Andrew’s enjoy superior working conditions and benefits, including:
- generous salary packaging benefits
- regular staff recognition events
- extensive in-house training and education programs, and support for further study
- leadership development programs
- competitive discounts on private health insurance and pharmaceuticals
- a strong commitment to flexible working arrangements, including up to 16 weeks paid parental leave, and a range of well-being initiatives
- access to subsidised on-site car parking, meals and gym facilities.
Please contact: Jasmin Mazis, Clinical Manager, on (08) 8408 2111 or [email protected] and see the attached documents for information on the position, pay rates and employee benefits.
- Click on the 'Apply Now' button.
- Please include a cover letter together with your resume.
- Address applications to Jasmin Masiz, Clinical Manager.
Please note, any applications received outside of our recruitment system will be directed to reapply via this ad.