- Supportive culture with clinical education opportunities
- Generous not-for-profit salary packaging benefits
- Subsidised On-site Car Parking
- Diverse Clinical Specialties
St Andrew’s Hospital has provided medical and surgical services to South Australians for 84 years and is Australia’s largest standalone independent private hospital, recognised nationally as a centre of excellence. Building on our successful base, in 2018 we completed a $50 million upgrade and expansion of our clinical facilities with more improvements planned for 2020 and beyond.
St Andrew’s is a 240-bed facility with eleven state of the art operating theatre suites, a 28 bed cardiac unit, an 18 bed critical care unit, emergency department, angiography suite, chest pain unit, an extensive new procedural suite with day of surgery admissions, and arguably, South Australia’s most comprehensive private cancer care facility.
With over 30,000 procedures being performed each year we cater for most surgical specialties including, but not limited to, cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, vascular, urology, colorectal, orthopaedics, breast and gynaecology and the busiest (da Vinci) Robotics unit in Australia.
We are seeking Registered Nurses with a minimum of 5 years' experience in an acute hospital setting across Perioperative areas to work on a casual, part-time or full-time basis and join our high performing teams.
In addition to your recent and extensive experience, you will need to demonstrate:
- a commitment to delivering best practice patient care
- well-developed organisation and prioritisation skills
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- commitment to your continued professional development and clinical education
- an interest in mentoring and educating our up-and-coming nursing students and graduates
- the ability to maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- significant experience in a similar fast-paced environment
- current registration with AHPRA and the ability to legally live and work in Australia
Work hours will be negotiated with the successful candidates with St Andrews’ offering early, late and night shifts rostered flexibly across 10 or 14 day rosters, depending on the working area.
Why Join St Andrew's Hospital?
At St Andrew’s we believe that relationships matter and that our people are the key to our success. With a highly experienced leadership team that truly care for their staff and a dedication to cultivating our open and inclusive culture based on teamwork, we take pride in our significant levels of staff tenure and high job satisfaction.
With our corporate values of We Care, We Create, We Deliver and a commitment to medical and surgical excellence, we encourage our front-line staff to identify opportunities for improvement and contribute to decisions, to ensure we are able to provide the best care to our patients. With a diverse clinical offering and a high quality clinical education offering, St Andrew’s Hospital is an excellent place to grow and develop your nursing career and professional skillsets.
In addition to our positive culture, staff at St Andrew’s enjoy superb working conditions and benefits, including:
- generous salary packaging benefits
- regular staff recognition events
- extensive in-house training and clinical education programs, and support for further study
- leadership development programs
- competitive discounts on private health insurance and pharmaceuticals
- a strong commitment to flexible working arrangements, including up to 16 weeks paid parental leave, and a range of well-being initiatives
As part of the recent expansion, staff have access to an on-site undercover secure car park for a maximum of $5/day as well as subsidised meals, coffee and a fully-equipped gym facility all available right here in the hospital.
For further information please contact:
Abbie Davey, HR Coordinator on (08) 8408 2028 or [email protected]
- Press the Apply Now button and follow instructions
- Upload a cover letter and CV in one document
- Please address applications to Nicole Russell-Higgins, ADON - Theatre & Procedural Areas