- Supportive culture with clinical education opportunities
- Generous not-for-profit salary packaging benefits
- Subsidised On-site Car Parking
- Diverse Clinical Specialties
Would you like to register your interest in joining St Andrew’s Hospital as a Student Nurse?
Throughout the course of the year we employ Student Nurses while in their 2nd and 3rd years of study to work in our Procedural and Theatre areas and our Surgical Wards as they complete their studies. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure to a busy acute clinical setting and help your TPPP application stand out from the pack!
Employees of St Andrew's clinical division must be able to demonstrate the core values of patient-centred care, trust and respect in every interaction with patients, carers and colleagues.
Candidates must be
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Nursing with a transcript showing successful completion of all first year subjects, including a medication authorisation module/assessment where possible (current first year students can apply now for commencement in second year)
- A satisfactory and current Working With Children Check from Screening SA
- Excellent communication skills and a mature team approach
- Ability to work well within a team
- A commitment to delivering best practice patient care
- Well-developed organisation and prioritisation skills
Why work at St Andrew's?
At St Andrew’s we believe that relationships matter, and our people are the key to our success. Our committed leadership team, and open and inclusive culture, is reflected in our significant levels of staff tenure and high job satisfaction.
With a commitment to medical and surgical excellence, we encourage our front-line staff to identify opportunities for improvement and contribute to decisions, to ensure we are able to provide the best care to our patients.
In addition to our positive culture, staff at St Andrew’s enjoy superior working conditions and benefits, including:
- generous salary packaging benefits
- regular staff recognition events
- extensive in-house training and education programs, and support for further study
- leadership development programs
- competitive discounts on private health insurance and pharmaceuticals
- a strong commitment to flexible working arrangements, including up to 16 weeks paid parental leave, and a range of well-being initiatives
- access to subsidised on-site car parking, meals and gym facilities.
St Andrew’s Hospital has provided medical and surgical services to South Australians for 84 years and is Australia’s largest standalone independent private hospital, recognised nationally as a centre of excellence. Building on our successful base, in 2018 we completed a $50 million upgrade and expansion of our clinical facilities with more improvements planned for 2020 and beyond.
St Andrew’s is a 240-bed facility with eleven state of the art operating theatre suites, a 28 bed cardiac unit, an 18 bed critical care unit, emergency department, angiography suite, chest pain unit, an extensive new procedural suite with day of surgery admissions, and arguably, South Australia’s most comprehensive private cancer care facility.
With over 35,000 procedures being performed each year we cater for most surgical specialties including, but not limited to, cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, vascular, urology, colorectal, orthopaedics, breast and gynaecology and the busiest Robotics unit (da Vinci) in Australia.
To register your interest:
- Please click on the 'Interested' Button and follow prompts
- Upload a Cover Letter that states the type of role you are interested in and the weekly hours you would prefer, together with your current CV
- Please note: you will receive an email confirming your application however we may not be in touch until our next intake date in the second half of 2020.